The beginning of a new year brings with it an opportunity to have a “fresh start”. It’s a clean slate to work with and gives you the chance to make the most of it. For that reason, getting organizing is usually top on my list of things to do. Start the morning with your desk and home in order, that way you can get right to work and have a productive day. Start by making your bed. I think about starting each year with the same attitude. I want to make the most of it, so I like everything to be organized. I’m not stumbling over myself trying to get things done efficiently. Here are some ideas that I think will help you get your year off to an organized start.
- Write everything down. Whether it is on your phone or on a note pad don’t rely on your memory to get things done.
- Scan and back up your Photos. It’ easier than ever now with the dawn of cloud storage. If you don’t have time to do it take them to a local printing store and ask them to do it.
- Back Up Everything: Back up your computer to the Cloud and possibly a different server. Yes, I know it like wearing a belt and suspenders but trust me you will feel much better should something happen to your computer or records. Things stored on the cloud can be accessed from anywhere. Such things as ID’s passports and bank info. Keep original and photocopies of your birth certificates land titles and insurance in one folder.
- Clean Up on a Regular Basis. If you set aside the same time each day as your clean up time to de-clutter and clean it won’t take long. Maybe 15 to 30 minutes a day. You won’t get it all done but you will be further along than what you are now.
- Keep the Kitchen Clean. Organize and clean up your kitchen. Plan your meals ahead. There are wonderful services out there now where you don’t even have to go to the store. Companies like Hello Fresh, Home Chef, Plated are just a few of those services that will not only help you keep your life in order but will keep you on a healthy balanced diet as well. Plus is that there are always different meals to try so you won’t get bored.
If you are looking for even more ways to start the New Year off right, try going to The Home Shows. Look for the event closest to you and bring a list of your Honey Do’s to get done. You’ll be glad you did.