While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is highly competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Many of these companies go the extra mile to ensure that all types of sleepers are satisfied with their mattresses. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. The Saatva may be known for its pressure relief and bounciness, but are you certain that it’s perfect for you? Today we will compare the Saatva Classic to four top mattresses. In the end, we’ll help you decide whether or not it’s still your best option.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. It also gives stomach sleepers a sense of comfort, in the same way, making the Saatva Classic a sought-after mattress for the folks who sleep flat.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. Two innerspring layers – one a foundation layer and the other for extra support – are strategically placed to allow for air circulation throughout the mattress, ultimately keeping the body cool while they are asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Let’s get started with Sleep Number without any other obstacles!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. With just a simple touch, sleepers can adjust the firmness or support level to suit their needs. Sleep Number has been in business for more than 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress works exceptionally well for flat sleepers, just like the Saatva. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. It also contains memory foam, which usually traps heat in the mattress plus makes up for slower responsiveness under constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Back and stomach sleepers
- Those who may have varying back pain issues
- People looking for a mattress that can be adjusted in firmness and/or relief levels.
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! There are many options, but this article will focus on the TEMPUR Cloud, their most popular product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
The TEMPUR Cloud is a memory foam mattress and should be softer in firmness. Side sleepers will love the excellent body contouring that it offers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who should get the Tempurpedic TEMPUR Cloud Mattress?
- People who like to sleep on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
DreamCloud, like Saatva is a direct to consumer company that sells luxury mattresses. It seems that DreamCloud would be an ideal fit for million-dollar homes and hotels. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. While we can appreciate that we’ve found our closest competitor yet, there are quite plenty of differences that make the DreamCloud Classic stand out from the Saatva mattress!
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each has pocketed coils on top of the foundation layer, providing the body with not just the support it needs, but also cooling capabilities to keep itself from getting too hot. The mattresses are firm enough not to allow for any sagging at the edges and comfortable enough to be used by anyone. They are very durable and should last many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
It is worth noting that the Premier upgrade has an improved comfort level due to the increased memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. Purple is a mattress company that develops innovative technology to improve people’s sleeping quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. What’s particularly nice about each of them is how the high-grade materials build up a high-quality mattress that’s not just rightly firm, but also welcoming.
There are differences
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. The former also isolates motion better. The Purple Mattress comes compressed in a box upon delivery, which may result in a quite unpleasant off-gassing compared to how the Saatva’s delivered.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- Combination sleepers looking for a more flexible mattress than, say, the Saatva’s
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. In bullet form, we have summarized the main features of each of the four mattresses and helped you choose the best one for you.
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You prefer memory foam above all else, but also appreciate getting the best pressure relief while it hugs your body
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- You shift positions often during your sleep
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- You’re looking for an affordable innerspring option with the same features as the Saatva mattress
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- When you go to sleep, your position changes.
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Purchase the Purple Mattress If:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- You’re a heavyweight who sleeps on the stomach or sides, or
- You prefer the more traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!