The Saatva Classic mattress may be one of the best out there, but did you know many others have most, if not all, of the traits it has? The mattress market is highly competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. The Saatva may be known for its pressure relief and bounciness, but are you certain that it’s perfect for you? Today we will compare the Saatva Classic to four top mattresses. We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. It also gives stomach sleepers a sense of comfort, in the same way, making the Saatva Classic a sought-after mattress for the folks who sleep flat.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers, who frequently change their positions
- People who sleep in hot environments need to be cooled by the mattress’s airflow.
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress works exceptionally well for flat sleepers, just like the Saatva. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
There are differences
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
The TEMPUR Cloud is a memory foam mattress and should be softer in firmness. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- People who like to sleep on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples looking for a mattress where one of them is not easily disturbed by sudden movements
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
DreamCloud, like Saatva is a direct to consumer company that sells luxury mattresses. It seems that DreamCloud would be an ideal fit for million-dollar homes and hotels. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic, which is similar to the Saatva Classic, is one of the most popular products. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
The innerspring coils in the DreamCloud as well as Saatva provide reliable, strong support. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It may be supportive enough for average- to heavyweight sleepers, but a bit stiff for lighter-weights.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. Another key difference is the price, as it costs significantly less than Saatva’s retail price.
Who should get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- Individuals who prefer sleeping on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. They’re best recognized for the state-of-the-art purple grid on their mattresses. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who Should Get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. They should apply sufficient pressure to activate GelFlex grid contouring capabilities
- Combination sleepers looking for a more flexible mattress than, say, the Saatva’s
- Hot sleepers who prefer all-foam mattresses
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. In bullet form, we have summarized the main features of each of the four mattresses and helped you choose the best one for you.
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have a tight budget or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You get sometimes uncomfortable sleeping in hot temperatures, or
- You shift positions often during your sleep
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- You’re looking for an affordable innerspring option with the same features as the Saatva mattress
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the more traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- sleep usually in hot temperatures, which may eventually become uncomfortable if left untreated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!