While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is very competitive. Many mattress companies are able to offer the highest quality mattresses. Many of these companies go the extra mile to ensure that all types of sleepers are satisfied with their mattresses. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today we will compare the Saatva Classic to four top mattresses. We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. The Saatva Classic comes in multiple firmnesses ranging from Plush Soft to Firm, with a mid-tier comfort level in between (Luxury Firm), as well as multiple sizes.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- People who sleep in hot environments need to be cooled by the mattress’s airflow.
- Couples looking for a mattress that isn’t too firm at the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. Sleep Number has been in business for more than 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
The 360 p5 is constructed differently – we’re talking about an adjustable airbed here – which explains why it’s understandably much pricier than the Saatva. It also contains memory foam, which usually traps heat in the mattress plus makes up for slower responsiveness under constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- People looking for a mattress that can be adjusted in firmness and/or relief levels.
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic has been recognized over the years for its memory foam mattresses made to provide better comfortability and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. They’re both also made of high-quality materials to ensure the sleepers get the best comfort and peaceful sleep. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
There are differences
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. Since it’s an all-foam mattress made up of mostly high-performing material, expect it to have a higher price range starting from $1899, compared to the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who should get the Tempurpedic TEMPUR Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
DreamCloud, like Saatva is a direct to consumer company that sells luxury mattresses. It seems that DreamCloud would be an ideal fit for million-dollar homes and hotels. In the same light, its products are innerspring variants made up of materials that exceed industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic, which is similar to the Saatva Classic, is one of the most popular products. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each has pocketed coils on top of the foundation layer, providing the body with not just the support it needs, but also cooling capabilities to keep itself from getting too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It may be supportive enough for average- to heavyweight sleepers, but a bit stiff for lighter-weights.
It is worth noting that the Premier upgrade has an improved comfort level due to the increased memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who should get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. They’re best recognized for the state-of-the-art purple grid on their mattresses. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
There are differences
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. The former also isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. They should apply sufficient pressure to activate GelFlex grid contouring capabilities
- Combination sleepers looking for a more flexible mattress than, say, the Saatva’s
- Hot sleepers who prefer all-foam mattresses
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Because of how it is constructed, there’s better motion absorption
- Purchase the Sleep Number 360 p5
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- These are the key features
- A high-quality, all-foam mattress that provides appropriate pressure relief all over your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You get sometimes uncomfortable sleeping in hot temperatures, or
- You shift positions often during your sleep
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- You’re looking for an affordable innerspring option with the same features as the Saatva mattress
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Purchase the Purple Mattress If:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!