The Saatva Classic mattress may be one of the best out there, but did you know many others have most, if not all, of the traits it has? The mattress market is highly competitive. Many mattress companies are able to offer the highest quality mattresses. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
It’s crucial to develop an informed decision when searching for the right mattress. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. One of the main reasons it’s been highly acclaimed is its exceptional relief in the lumbar region of the body, including the back and neck. A hybrid poly/memory foam is strategically placed in the middle of the mattress’ foundations. This foam provides much-needed support for back sleepers. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. The Saatva Classic comes in multiple firmnesses ranging from Plush Soft to Firm, with a mid-tier comfort level in between (Luxury Firm), as well as multiple sizes.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. Sleep Number has been in business for more than 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress works exceptionally well for flat sleepers, just like the Saatva. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This helps to ease a variety of pains in the lumbar region and back.
The 360 p5 doesn’t come in a big box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 is constructed differently – we’re talking about an adjustable airbed here – which explains why it’s understandably much pricier than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Back and stomach sleepers
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. They’re both also made of high-quality materials to ensure the sleepers get the best comfort and peaceful sleep. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
There are differences
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. Since it’s an all-foam mattress made up of mostly high-performing material, expect it to have a higher price range starting from $1899, compared to the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Sleepers who are light- to medium-weight
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. In the same light, its products are innerspring variants made up of materials that exceed industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. While we can appreciate that we’ve found our closest competitor yet, there are quite plenty of differences that make the DreamCloud Classic stand out from the Saatva mattress!
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. The mattresses are firm enough not to allow for any sagging at the edges and comfortable enough to be used by anyone. They are very durable and should last many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It may be supportive enough for average- to heavyweight sleepers, but a bit stiff for lighter-weights.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. Purple is a mattress company that develops innovative technology to improve people’s sleeping quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
There are differences
Although the Purple and Saatva work in different ways, you might notice a difference in how they feel. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. The Purple Mattress comes compressed in a box upon delivery, which may result in a quite unpleasant off-gassing compared to how the Saatva’s delivered.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- People who sleep with their restless partners at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
It’s important to identify your backup top choice if the Saatva is not the right match for you. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Air bed adjustable with thick foam combination on top for great back pressure relief
- Because of how it is constructed, there’s better motion absorption
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- These are the key features
- A high-quality, all-foam mattress that provides appropriate pressure relief all over your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- You prefer memory foam above all else, but also appreciate getting the best pressure relief while it hugs your body
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- You shift positions often during your sleep
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- You’re looking for an affordable innerspring option with the same features as the Saatva mattress
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Trademark GelFlex Grid foam layer designed to keep the body cool and efficiently supported
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- happen to experience a variety of back or hip pains and therefore need a mattress that can ease the pressure and put your body in alignment; or
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!