While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is highly competitive. Many mattress companies are able to offer the highest quality mattresses. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! In the end, we’ll help you decide whether or not it’s still your best option.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. One of the main reasons it’s been highly acclaimed is its exceptional relief in the lumbar region of the body, including the back and neck. A hybrid poly/memory foam is strategically placed in the middle of the mattress’ foundations. This foam provides much-needed support for back sleepers. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples looking for a mattress that isn’t too firm at the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Let’s get started with Sleep Number without any other obstacles!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is known for its wide range of adjustable air mattresses equipped with high-end features. With just a simple touch, sleepers can adjust the firmness or support level to suit their needs. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While specialty mattress companies are more recent, Sleep Number has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. They know a lot about how to offer a relaxing and flexible sleep experience. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 is constructed differently – we’re talking about an adjustable airbed here – which explains why it’s understandably much pricier than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite the cons, The 360 p5 offers much better motion absorption than the Saatva, something that’s very ideal for couples and individuals who wish not to be disturbed!
Who should get the Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- People looking for a mattress that can be adjusted in firmness and/or relief levels.
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic has been recognized over the years for its memory foam mattresses made to provide better comfortability and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! There are many options, but this article will focus on the TEMPUR Cloud, their most popular product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
There are differences
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Sleepers who are light- to medium-weight
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
The innerspring coils in the DreamCloud as well as Saatva provide reliable, strong support. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
DreamCloud’s key difference is that it’s a hybrid since the top memory foam layers are prominent. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It may be supportive enough for average- to heavyweight sleepers, but a bit stiff for lighter-weights.
It is worth noting that the Premier upgrade has an improved comfort level due to the increased memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. They’re best recognized for the state-of-the-art purple grid on their mattresses. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They’re bouncy enough for sleepers to move freely without hesitation while achieving it in different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. The Purple Mattress comes compressed in a box upon delivery, which may result in a quite unpleasant off-gassing compared to how the Saatva’s delivered.
Who Should Get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- People who sleep with their restless partners at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Because of how it is constructed, there’s better motion absorption
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have back problems, but want to sleep on a customizable mattress that can be operated in your palm.
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have a tight budget or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- These are the key features
- A high-quality, all-foam mattress that provides appropriate pressure relief all over your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- When you go to sleep, your position changes.
- You’re a heavy-weighted sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the more traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- sleep usually in hot temperatures, which may eventually become uncomfortable if left untreated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- customization possibilities,
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If none of these apply to you, we recommend that you look at our other options!