The Saatva Classic mattress may be one of the best out there, but did you know many others have most, if not all, of the traits it has? The mattress market is highly competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
It’s crucial to develop an informed decision when searching for the right mattress. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. It also gives stomach sleepers a sense of comfort, in the same way, making the Saatva Classic a sought-after mattress for the folks who sleep flat.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. The Saatva Classic comes in multiple firmnesses ranging from Plush Soft to Firm, with a mid-tier comfort level in between (Luxury Firm), as well as multiple sizes.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers, who frequently change their positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Let’s get started with Sleep Number without any other obstacles!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. Sleep Number has been in business for more than 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. It also contains memory foam, which usually traps heat in the mattress plus makes up for slower responsiveness under constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
Both the TEMPUR-Cloud and Saatva Classic are highly-acclaimed mattresses from well-respected mattress companies with flowery reviews about their overall reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. Since it’s an all-foam mattress made up of mostly high-performing material, expect it to have a higher price range starting from $1899, compared to the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- People who like to sleep on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic, which is similar to the Saatva Classic, is one of the most popular products. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
The innerspring coils in the DreamCloud as well as Saatva provide reliable, strong support. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. The mattresses are firm enough not to allow for any sagging at the edges and comfortable enough to be used by anyone. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It may be supportive enough for average- to heavyweight sleepers, but a bit stiff for lighter-weights.
It is worth noting that the Premier upgrade has an improved comfort level due to the increased memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who should get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- Individuals who prefer sleeping on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They’re bouncy enough for sleepers to move freely without hesitation while achieving it in different ways. What’s particularly nice about each of them is how the high-grade materials build up a high-quality mattress that’s not just rightly firm, but also welcoming.
Although the Purple and Saatva work in different ways, you might notice a difference in how they feel. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. They should apply sufficient pressure to activate GelFlex grid contouring capabilities
- Combination sleepers looking for a more flexible mattress than, say, the Saatva’s
- Hot sleepers who prefer all-foam mattresses
- People who sleep with their restless partners at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
It’s important to identify your backup top choice if the Saatva is not the right match for you. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Air bed adjustable with thick foam combination on top for great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have back problems, but want to sleep on a customizable mattress that can be operated in your palm.
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have a tight budget or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- These are the key features
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You get sometimes uncomfortable sleeping in hot temperatures, or
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You’re a heavy-weighted sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- You’re a heavyweight who sleeps on the stomach or sides, or
- You prefer the more traditional memory foam feel
Now that we’ve tackled everything so far about our competitors to the Saatva Mattress, the only thing we can do now is to help you find the answer to this pressing question: Is the Saatva still the best option for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- sleep usually in hot temperatures, which may eventually become uncomfortable if left untreated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!