The Saatva Classic mattress may be one of the best out there, but did you know many others have most, if not all, of the traits it has? The mattress market is very competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Many of these companies go the extra mile to ensure that all types of sleepers are satisfied with their mattresses. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
It’s crucial to develop an informed decision when searching for the right mattress. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. It also gives stomach sleepers a sense of comfort, in the same way, making the Saatva Classic a sought-after mattress for the folks who sleep flat.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. Two innerspring layers – one a foundation layer and the other for extra support – are strategically placed to allow for air circulation throughout the mattress, ultimately keeping the body cool while they are asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who Should Get the Saatva Classic Mattress?
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Let’s get started with Sleep Number without any other obstacles!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. Sleep Number has been in business for more than 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite the cons, The 360 p5 offers much better motion absorption than the Saatva, something that’s very ideal for couples and individuals who wish not to be disturbed!
Who should get the Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
There are differences
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
The TEMPUR Cloud is a memory foam mattress and should be softer in firmness. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who should get the Tempurpedic TEMPUR Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples looking for a mattress where one of them is not easily disturbed by sudden movements
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
DreamCloud, like Saatva is a direct to consumer company that sells luxury mattresses. It seems that DreamCloud would be an ideal fit for million-dollar homes and hotels. In the same light, its products are innerspring variants made up of materials that exceed industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
The innerspring coils in the DreamCloud as well as Saatva provide reliable, strong support. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
It is worth noting that the Premier upgrade has an improved comfort level due to the increased memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- Those looking for a great mattress with a tight budget
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. They’re best recognized for the state-of-the-art purple grid on their mattresses. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They’re bouncy enough for sleepers to move freely without hesitation while achieving it in different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
There are differences
Although the Purple and Saatva work in different ways, you might notice a difference in how they feel. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who Should Get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- Hot sleepers who prefer all-foam mattresses
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. In bullet form, we have summarized the main features of each of the four mattresses and helped you choose the best one for you.
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Purchase the Sleep Number 360 p5
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have a tight budget or
- You don’t want a high-tech mattress at home.
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You prefer memory foam above all else, but also appreciate getting the best pressure relief while it hugs your body
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- You shift positions often during your sleep
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Standout cooling abilities and long-lasting durability
- You’re looking for an affordable innerspring option with the same features as the Saatva mattress
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- When you go to sleep, your position changes.
- You’re a heavy-weighted sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You’re a heavyweight who sleeps on the stomach or sides, or
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- customization possibilities,
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!