The Saatva Classic mattress may be one of the best out there, but did you know many others have most, if not all, of the traits it has? The mattress market is highly competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. A hybrid poly/memory foam is strategically placed in the middle of the mattress’ foundations. This foam provides much-needed support for back sleepers. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. Two innerspring layers – one a foundation layer and the other for extra support – are strategically placed to allow for air circulation throughout the mattress, ultimately keeping the body cool while they are asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers, who frequently change their positions
- People who sleep in hot environments need to be cooled by the mattress’s airflow.
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This helps to ease a variety of pains in the lumbar region and back.
The 360 p5 doesn’t come in a big box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who should get the Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress?
- Back and stomach sleepers
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- People looking for a mattress that can be adjusted in firmness and/or relief levels.
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
Both the TEMPUR-Cloud and Saatva Classic are highly-acclaimed mattresses from well-respected mattress companies with flowery reviews about their overall reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
There are differences
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. Since it’s an all-foam mattress made up of mostly high-performing material, expect it to have a higher price range starting from $1899, compared to the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. Side sleepers will love the excellent body contouring that it offers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- People who like to sleep on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples looking for a mattress where one of them is not easily disturbed by sudden movements
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
DreamCloud, like Saatva is a direct to consumer company that sells luxury mattresses. It seems that DreamCloud would be an ideal fit for million-dollar homes and hotels. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic, which is similar to the Saatva Classic, is one of the most popular products. While we can appreciate that we’ve found our closest competitor yet, there are quite plenty of differences that make the DreamCloud Classic stand out from the Saatva mattress!
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each has pocketed coils on top of the foundation layer, providing the body with not just the support it needs, but also cooling capabilities to keep itself from getting too hot. The mattresses are firm enough not to allow for any sagging at the edges and comfortable enough to be used by anyone. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud’s key difference is that it’s a hybrid since the top memory foam layers are prominent. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. Another key difference is the price, as it costs significantly less than Saatva’s retail price.
Who should get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- Individuals who prefer sleeping on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. The Purple Mattress comes compressed in a box upon delivery, which may result in a quite unpleasant off-gassing compared to how the Saatva’s delivered.
Who Should Get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Air bed adjustable with thick foam combination on top for great back pressure relief
- Because of how it is constructed, there’s better motion absorption
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have back problems, but want to sleep on a customizable mattress that can be operated in your palm.
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- These are the key features
- A high-quality, all-foam mattress that provides appropriate pressure relief all over your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- Trademark GelFlex Grid foam layer designed to keep the body cool and efficiently supported
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- customization possibilities,
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!