While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is very competitive. Many mattress companies are able to offer the highest quality mattresses. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. However, they might not be aware that not every mattress is suitable for anyone.
It’s crucial to develop an informed decision when searching for the right mattress. The Saatva may be known for its pressure relief and bounciness, but are you certain that it’s perfect for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! In the end, we’ll help you decide whether or not it’s still your best option.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. One of the main reasons it’s been highly acclaimed is its exceptional relief in the lumbar region of the body, including the back and neck. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. It also gives stomach sleepers a sense of comfort, in the same way, making the Saatva Classic a sought-after mattress for the folks who sleep flat.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who Should Get the Saatva Classic Mattress?
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples looking for a mattress that isn’t too firm at the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. With just a simple touch, sleepers can adjust the firmness or support level to suit their needs. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
The 360 p5 doesn’t come in a big box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 is constructed differently – we’re talking about an adjustable airbed here – which explains why it’s understandably much pricier than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite the cons, The 360 p5 offers much better motion absorption than the Saatva, something that’s very ideal for couples and individuals who wish not to be disturbed!
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- Those who may have varying back pain issues
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic has been recognized over the years for its memory foam mattresses made to provide better comfortability and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. If you go to a mattress store to look for the best memory foam mattress, there’s a high chance that you’ll encounter a Tempur-Pedic mattress! While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
Both the TEMPUR-Cloud and Saatva Classic are highly-acclaimed mattresses from well-respected mattress companies with flowery reviews about their overall reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. Side sleepers will love the excellent body contouring that it offers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Sleepers who are light- to medium-weight
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
DreamCloud, like Saatva is a direct to consumer company that sells luxury mattresses. It seems that DreamCloud would be an ideal fit for million-dollar homes and hotels. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are very durable and should last many years.
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
It is worth noting that the Premier upgrade has an improved comfort level due to the increased memory foam content. Another key difference is the price, as it costs significantly less than Saatva’s retail price.
Who should get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- Individuals who prefer sleeping on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
While other bed companies offer mattresses with a combination of features that are all too familiar to nearly every one of us, there’s one that makes it clear they are outstandingly unique from the rest. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They’re bouncy enough for sleepers to move freely without hesitation while achieving it in different ways. What’s particularly nice about each of them is how the high-grade materials build up a high-quality mattress that’s not just rightly firm, but also welcoming.
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. The former also isolates motion better. The Purple Mattress comes compressed in a box upon delivery, which may result in a quite unpleasant off-gassing compared to how the Saatva’s delivered.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You don’t want a high-tech mattress at home.
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- You prefer memory foam above all else, but also appreciate getting the best pressure relief while it hugs your body
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- You shift positions often during your sleep
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Standout cooling abilities and long-lasting durability
- You’re looking for an affordable innerspring option with the same features as the Saatva mattress
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- When you go to sleep, your position changes.
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- Trademark GelFlex Grid foam layer designed to keep the body cool and efficiently supported
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Purchase the Purple Mattress If:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
Now that we’ve tackled everything so far about our competitors to the Saatva Mattress, the only thing we can do now is to help you find the answer to this pressing question: Is the Saatva still the best option for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- happen to experience a variety of back or hip pains and therefore need a mattress that can ease the pressure and put your body in alignment; or
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- You have enough strength to last no matter what, even if you move around.
If none of these apply to you, we recommend that you look at our other options!