While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is very competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. The Saatva may be known for its pressure relief and bounciness, but are you certain that it’s perfect for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. The Saatva Classic comes in multiple firmnesses ranging from Plush Soft to Firm, with a mid-tier comfort level in between (Luxury Firm), as well as multiple sizes.
Who Should Get the Saatva Classic Mattress?
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- People who sleep in hot environments need to be cooled by the mattress’s airflow.
- Couples looking for a mattress that isn’t too firm at the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While specialty mattress companies are more recent, Sleep Number has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. They know a lot about how to offer a relaxing and flexible sleep experience. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. It also contains memory foam, which usually traps heat in the mattress plus makes up for slower responsiveness under constant movement. Despite the cons, The 360 p5 offers much better motion absorption than the Saatva, something that’s very ideal for couples and individuals who wish not to be disturbed!
Who should get the Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- Those who may have varying back pain issues
- People looking for a mattress that can be adjusted in firmness and/or relief levels.
- People who don’t like being disturbed while they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Although the company has only recently added innerspring hybrids to their product line, it is clear that they are experts in this field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. There are many options, but this article will focus on the TEMPUR Cloud, their most popular product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. They’re both also made of high-quality materials to ensure the sleepers get the best comfort and peaceful sleep. In addition, the TEMPUR-Cloud works wonders for those who usually sleep on the back, with enough pressure relief and support to keep the spinal alignment intact.
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. Side sleepers will love the excellent body contouring that it offers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Sleepers who are light- to medium-weight
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. In the same light, its products are innerspring variants made up of materials that exceed industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. While we can appreciate that we’ve found our closest competitor yet, there are quite plenty of differences that make the DreamCloud Classic stand out from the Saatva mattress!
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. The mattresses are firm enough not to allow for any sagging at the edges and comfortable enough to be used by anyone. They are very durable and should last many years.
DreamCloud’s key difference is that it’s a hybrid since the top memory foam layers are prominent. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. Another key difference is the price, as it costs significantly less than Saatva’s retail price.
Who should get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. Purple is a mattress company that develops innovative technology to improve people’s sleeping quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. What’s particularly nice about each of them is how the high-grade materials build up a high-quality mattress that’s not just rightly firm, but also welcoming.
There are differences
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. The former also isolates motion better. The Purple Mattress comes compressed in a box upon delivery, which may result in a quite unpleasant off-gassing compared to how the Saatva’s delivered.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. They should apply sufficient pressure to activate GelFlex grid contouring capabilities
- Combination sleepers looking for a more flexible mattress than, say, the Saatva’s
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
It’s important to identify your backup top choice if the Saatva is not the right match for you. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Air bed adjustable with thick foam combination on top for great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Purchase the Sleep Number 360 p5
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- If you have a tight budget or
- You don’t want a high-tech mattress at home.
- The key features:
- A high-quality, all-foam mattress that provides appropriate pressure relief all over your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- You get sometimes uncomfortable sleeping in hot temperatures, or
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You’re a heavy-weighted sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- You’re a heavyweight who sleeps on the stomach or sides, or
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
Now that we’ve tackled everything so far about our competitors to the Saatva Mattress, the only thing we can do now is to help you find the answer to this pressing question: Is the Saatva still the best option for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- sleep usually in hot temperatures, which may eventually become uncomfortable if left untreated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- customization possibilities,
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If none of these apply to you, we recommend that you look at our other options!