While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is highly competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
It’s crucial to develop an informed decision when searching for the right mattress. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today we will compare the Saatva Classic to four top mattresses. In the end, we’ll help you decide whether or not it’s still your best option.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. One of the main reasons it’s been highly acclaimed is its exceptional relief in the lumbar region of the body, including the back and neck. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. The mattress has two innerspring layers, one for support and the other as a foundation layer. This allows for air circulation to the mattress which helps keep the body cool when it is asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who Should Get the Saatva Classic Mattress?
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is well-known for their wide selection of adjustable air mattresses with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This helps to ease a variety of pains in the lumbar region and back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. Similar to the Saatva, white-glove technicians carry the mattress to your home, so there are no issues with off-gassing.
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Back and stomach sleepers
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. Side sleepers will love the excellent body contouring that it offers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. In the same light, its products are innerspring variants made up of materials that exceed industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. While we can appreciate that we’ve found our closest competitor yet, there are quite plenty of differences that make the DreamCloud Classic stand out from the Saatva mattress!
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each has pocketed coils on top of the foundation layer, providing the body with not just the support it needs, but also cooling capabilities to keep itself from getting too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- For those with tight budgets who are looking for a fantastic mattress
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. They’re best recognized for the state-of-the-art purple grid on their mattresses. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They’re bouncy enough for sleepers to move freely without hesitation while achieving it in different ways. What’s particularly nice about each of them is how the high-grade materials build up a high-quality mattress that’s not just rightly firm, but also welcoming.
The Purple and Saatva may both work in mysterious ways, but if you were to try each of them for yourself, you may notice a key difference in terms of how it feels. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who Should Get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. They should apply sufficient pressure to activate GelFlex grid contouring capabilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- People who sleep with their restless partners at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have back problems, but want to sleep on a customizable mattress that can be operated in your palm.
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You don’t want a high-tech mattress at home.
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- Exceptional body contouring for those who often sleep sideways
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You get sometimes uncomfortable sleeping in hot temperatures, or
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- When you go to sleep, your position changes.
- You’re a heavy-weighted sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Trademark GelFlex Grid foam layer designed to keep the body cool and efficiently supported
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Purchase the Purple Mattress If:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
Now that we’ve tackled everything so far about our competitors to the Saatva Mattress, the only thing we can do now is to help you find the answer to this pressing question: Is the Saatva still the best option for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- sleep usually in hot temperatures, which may eventually become uncomfortable if left untreated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- customization possibilities,
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!