While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is highly competitive. Many mattress companies are able to offer the highest quality mattresses. Some of them even go above and beyond to make one that can accommodate all sleepers, regardless of their needs or preferences. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. Although the Saatva is well-known for its bounciness and pressure relief, are you sure it’s right for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! In the end, we’ll help you decide whether or not it’s still your best option.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Mattress
A namesake of the high-end bed specialist, the Saatva Classic mattress is one of America’s best-selling products in the luxury mattress field, and a top pick overall. Its exceptional relief in the lumbar area, including the neck and back, is one of its main selling points. A hybrid poly/memory foam is strategically placed in the middle of the mattress’ foundations. This foam provides much-needed support for back sleepers. It also gives stomach sleepers a sense of comfort, in the same way, making the Saatva Classic a sought-after mattress for the folks who sleep flat.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. Two innerspring layers – one a foundation layer and the other for extra support – are strategically placed to allow for air circulation throughout the mattress, ultimately keeping the body cool while they are asleep. Additionally, the spring coils are responsive under changing movements, making the mattress a handy one for those who often change sleeping positions and also for couples during their intimate moments. The Saatva Classic comes in multiple firmnesses ranging from Plush Soft to Firm, with a mid-tier comfort level in between (Luxury Firm), as well as multiple sizes.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. We will compare every one of them by pointing out their similarities to the Saatva mattress, as well as the key differences that set each other apart. The four companies we will be focusing on in this article are Sleep Number with their 360 p5 Mattress, Tempur-Pedic’s popular TEMPUR-Cloud, DreamCloud’s namesake Classic Mattress, and Purple with their highly innovative flagship mattress. Let’s get started with Sleep Number without any other obstacles!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is known for its wide range of adjustable air mattresses equipped with high-end features. With just a simple touch, sleepers can adjust the firmness or support level to suit their needs. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While specialty mattress companies are more recent, Sleep Number has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. They know a lot about how to offer a relaxing and flexible sleep experience. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This helps to ease a variety of pains in the lumbar region and back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who Should Get the Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress?
- Sleepers on the stomach and back
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- People looking for a mattress that can be adjusted in firmness and/or relief levels.
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic has been recognized over the years for its memory foam mattresses made to provide better comfortability and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. There are many options, but this article will focus on the TEMPUR Cloud, their most popular product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
The TEMPUR Cloud is a memory foam mattress and should be softer in firmness. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who should get the Tempurpedic TEMPUR Cloud Mattress?
- People who like to sleep on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. In the same light, its products are innerspring variants made up of materials that exceed industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. The mattresses are firm enough not to allow for any sagging at the edges and comfortable enough to be used by anyone. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
There are differences
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- Those looking for a great mattress with a tight budget
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. If you don’t already know by now, Purple is a mattress specialist that specializes in developing groundbreaking technology to further improve the person’s sleep quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
Although the Purple and Saatva work in different ways, you might notice a difference in how they feel. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- Combination sleepers looking for a more flexible mattress than, say, the Saatva’s
- All-foam mattresses are preferred by hot sleepers
- People who sleep with their restless partners at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
Before we do get to the important part, it’s equally crucial to find your backup top pick, should you realize the Saatva ends up not being your perfect match. In bullet form, we have summarized the main features of each of the four mattresses and helped you choose the best one for you.
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Air bed adjustable with thick foam combination on top for great back pressure relief
- Better motion absorption due to how it’s constructed
- Purchase the Sleep Number 360 p5
- If you have back problems, but want to sleep on a customizable mattress that can be operated in your palm.
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You’re not prepared to have a high-tech mattress to use at home
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- These are the key features
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Standout cooling abilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- Do NOT buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- The key features:
- Trademark GelFlex Grid foam layer designed to keep the body cool and efficiently supported
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You’re a heavyweight who sleeps on the stomach or sides, or
- You prefer the more traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- happen to experience a variety of back or hip pains and therefore need a mattress that can ease the pressure and put your body in alignment; or
- sleep usually in hot temperatures, which may eventually become uncomfortable if left untreated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If none of these apply to you, we recommend that you look at our other options!