The Saatva Classic mattress may be one of the best out there, but did you know many others have most, if not all, of the traits it has? The mattress market is very competitive. Many mattress companies are able to offer the highest quality mattresses. Many of these companies go the extra mile to ensure that all types of sleepers are satisfied with their mattresses. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
It’s crucial to develop an informed decision when searching for the right mattress. The Saatva may be known for its pressure relief and bounciness, but are you certain that it’s perfect for you? Today, we’ll see how the Saatva Classic will fare against four of the top mattresses! We’ll let you know if it is still the best choice.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Saatva Mattress, you may still want to check out our article below.
Overview: The Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. One of the main reasons it’s been highly acclaimed is its exceptional relief in the lumbar region of the body, including the back and neck. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
The Saatva has excellent cooling capabilities thanks to how the coils are designed. Two innerspring layers – one a foundation layer and the other for extra support – are strategically placed to allow for air circulation throughout the mattress, ultimately keeping the body cool while they are asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. There are multiple sizes and firmness options for the Saatva Classic, including Firm, Plush Soft, Firm, as well as Luxury Firm.
Who should get the Saatva Classic Mattress
- People who sleep flat on their stomachs or backs.
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- People who sleep in hot environments need to be cooled by the mattress’s airflow.
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- Those looking for a bed that can perform well during sex
- People who want a firmer, more durable mattress.
Now that we’ve covered an overview of all we need to know so far about the Saatva Classic, let’s take a look at the other four mattress companies and their best-selling offerings. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is known for its wide range of adjustable air mattresses equipped with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While specialty mattress companies are more recent, Sleep Number has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. They know a lot about how to offer a relaxing and flexible sleep experience. The most popular Sleep Number product is the 360p5 mattress, part of the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress works remarkably well for flat sleepers the same way the Saatva does. It is partly due to the construction of the mattress. Multiple foam layers are stacked on top, providing much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. Memory foam is also included, which traps heat and makes the mattress more responsive to constant movement. Despite its cons, the 360 p5 has better motion absorption than Saatva. This is great for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed.
Who should get the Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress?
- Back and stomach sleepers
- People who have back problems may be affected.
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic has been recognized over the years for its memory foam mattresses made to provide better comfortability and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. While there are many models to choose from, in this article we’ll take a look at the TEMPUR-Cloud, their most well-received product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. Both mattresses are made from high-quality materials, which ensures that sleepers have a restful and comfortable night. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
Although the TEMPUR Cloud mattress provides luxury-grade back relief in the same manner as the Saatva’s, it is more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. While it may sound positive, take note that this mattress will most likely be prone to sinkage, which may cause restrictions in movement, especially among heavy-weighted sleepers.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- People who like to sleep on memory foam
- Side sleepers and back sleepers who enjoy soft pressure relief and contouring
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Light- to average-weighted sleepers
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic is one of the company’s most popular products, with a performance that’s similar to the Saatva Classic. Although we are proud to have found the closest competitor, there are many differences that make the DreamCloud Classic different from the Saatva mattress.
Both the DreamCloud and Saatva are constructed with strong, reliable innerspring coil systems within. Each mattress has a layer of pocketed coils that is placed on top of the foundation layer. This provides the body with both the support it requires and cooling capabilities to prevent it from becoming too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are very durable and should last many years.
DreamCloud is a hybrid because the top layers of memory foam are prominent. This is its key difference. It has only one standard firmness option – if we rank the firmness rating from 1 to 10, it would be a solid 7. It might be sufficient for light-weight to medium-to-heavyweight sleepers, but it may not be as supportive for them.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. Another key difference is the price, as it costs significantly less than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- Those looking for a great mattress with a tight budget
- Stomach sleepers or side sleepers, preferably of average-level weight
- Individuals who prefer sleeping on a firmer surface
- For back sleepers, the Premier upgrade is worth a try
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. Purple is a mattress company that develops innovative technology to improve people’s sleeping quality. Their purple grid, which is state-of the-art on their mattresses, is what makes them stand out. Without much ado, let’s take a close look at the Purple Mattress, the company’s most famous product yet!
Despite the glaring differences in how they’re constructed, both the Purple Mattress and the Saatva Classic perform remarkably when it comes to cooling. Purple’s GelFlex Grid, which is a special design by the company, allows for air circulation within the mattress to keep the body cool.
They are bouncy enough to allow sleepers to move easily without any hesitation, and in many different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
Although the Purple and Saatva work in different ways, you might notice a difference in how they feel. The grid technology makes Purple feel more gel-like than Saatva’s firm, but still fluid feeling. At the same time, the former isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who Should Get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- Hot sleepers who prefer all-foam mattresses
- People who sleep with their restless partners at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
It’s important to identify your backup top choice if the Saatva is not the right match for you. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Adjustable air bed with a thick foam combo on top to provide great back pressure relief
- Because of how it is constructed, there’s better motion absorption
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have back problems, but want to sleep on a customizable mattress that can be operated in your palm.
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- If you have a tight budget or
- You don’t want a high-tech mattress at home.
- The key features:
- A high-quality, all-foam mattress that provides appropriate pressure relief all over your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- You prefer memory foam above all else, but also appreciate getting the best pressure relief while it hugs your body
- Hot temperatures can make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It shares the same essential features of the Saatva Classic, but it is different because it’s a hybrid memory foam/innerspring.
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You are a heavy-weighted, sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- GelFlex Grid trademark foam layer that keeps the body cool and provides support
- Fluid and fluid feel that can be adjusted to changing movements
- Purchase the Purple Mattress If:
- You want to explore using a one-of-a-kind and innovative mattress with much more enhanced body comfort and support
- Do NOT buy the Purple Mattress if:
- If you’re a heavyweight, and sleep on your stomach or sides,
- You prefer the traditional memory foam feel
Now that we’ve tackled everything so far about our competitors to the Saatva Mattress, the only thing we can do now is to help you find the answer to this pressing question: Is the Saatva still the best option for you?
Although the final answer is subjective, the Saatva Classic might be the best-suited option if you are:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
It may be an option if you want a mattress with:
- customization possibilities,
- The bouncy feeling of an innerspring or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If any of these don’t apply, we suggest you check out our other options above!