While the Saatva Classic mattress is a top-rated product, did you know that many other mattresses have some of its characteristics? The mattress market is highly competitive. There are tons of bed specialist companies producing the best mattresses they can offer. Many of these companies go the extra mile to ensure that all types of sleepers are satisfied with their mattresses. They might not realize that not all mattresses are suitable for everyone.
When choosing the right mattress, it is important to make an informed decision. The Saatva may be known for its pressure relief and bounciness, but are you certain that it’s perfect for you? Today we will compare the Saatva Classic to four top mattresses. In the end, we’ll help you decide whether or not it’s still your best option.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from GetGreenBeWell’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of the Saatva Mattress.
Overview: The Saatva Mattress
The Saatva Classic mattress, named after the high-end mattress specialist, is the best-selling luxury mattress in America and a top choice overall. One of the main reasons it’s been highly acclaimed is its exceptional relief in the lumbar region of the body, including the back and neck. Packed within the foundations of the mattress is a hybrid poly/memory foam strategically placed at the center designed to provide much-needed support, especially for those who sleep on the back. The Saatva Classic is also a popular choice for stomach sleepers, as it provides comfort and support.
Because of the way that the coils were designed, Saatva’s cooling abilities are exceptional. Two innerspring layers – one a foundation layer and the other for extra support – are strategically placed to allow for air circulation throughout the mattress, ultimately keeping the body cool while they are asleep. The spring coils respond to changing movements and are a great choice for couples who frequently change their sleeping positions or for couples looking for intimate moments. The Saatva Classic comes in multiple firmnesses ranging from Plush Soft to Firm, with a mid-tier comfort level in between (Luxury Firm), as well as multiple sizes.
Who Should Get the Saatva Classic Mattress?
- Those who usually sleep lying flat on their stomach or back
- Combination sleepers who often change positions
- Those who sleep in hot temperatures – the mattress has enough airflow to cool them
- Couples who are looking for a mattress that doesn’t sag on the edges
- People looking for a bed that is comfortable during sex will be happy with a bed that performs well.
- People who prefer to be in a sturdier, firmer, and durable mattress
We’ve given you an overview of the Saatva Classic. Now let’s look at the four other mattress companies and the best-selling products. Each one will be compared, highlighting similarities and key differences. We will be focusing our attention on four companies: Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, DreamCloud, and Purple, with their innovative flagship mattress. Without anything else to obstruct our way, let’s start with Sleep Number!
Saatva vs. Sleep Number
Sleep Number is known for its wide range of adjustable air mattresses equipped with high-end features. It lets sleepers change the firmness and support levels according to their preferences with just a touch of their remote. The Sleep Number company has been in the bed industry for over 30 years. While other specialty mattress companies have been around for much shorter, Sleep Number already knows a thing or two about how to provide a comfortable yet flexible experience to the sleeper. Sleep Number’s popular product is the 360 p5 mattress from the Performance series.
The Sleep Number 360 p5 Mattress works exceptionally well for flat sleepers, just like the Saatva. This is due in part to its construction – several foam layers are stacked on top of the foundation core, giving much-needed pressure relief. This also helps in easing varying pains in the body’s lumbar region, including the back.
One thing worth noting about how the 360 p5 is delivered is that it doesn’t come compressed into a huge box. The mattress is delivered to your home by white-glove technicians, similar to the Saatva. This eliminates any potential for off-gassing.
There are differences
The 360 p5 has a different construction – it is an adjustable airbed. This explains why it is more expensive than the Saatva. It also contains memory foam, which usually traps heat in the mattress plus makes up for slower responsiveness under constant movement. Despite the cons, The 360 p5 offers much better motion absorption than the Saatva, something that’s very ideal for couples and individuals who wish not to be disturbed!
Who should get the Sleep Number 360 p5 mattress?
- Back and stomach sleepers
- Those who may have varying back pain issues
- Individuals looking for a mattress with adjustable firmness and relief levels
- Those who do not like to be disturbed as they sleep
Saatva vs. Tempur-Pedic
Tempur-Pedic is known for their memory foam mattresses that provide greater comfort and relief. Even though the company only added innerspring hybrid variants very recently into their lineup, there’s no denying that they are certified experts and leaders in the field. TempurPedic mattresses are a common choice when you visit a mattress shop to find the best memory foam mattress. There are many options, but this article will focus on the TEMPUR Cloud, their most popular product.
The TEMPUR Cloud and Saatva Classic mattresses are well-respected, with glowing reviews about their reliability. They’re both also made of high-quality materials to ensure the sleepers get the best comfort and peaceful sleep. The TEMPUR Cloud is a great option for people who sleep on their backs. It provides enough pressure relief and support that the spine remains intact.
There are differences
The TEMPUR-Cloud mattress may provide luxury-grade back relief the same way as the Saatva, but it’s more expensive. It’s an all foam mattress that is made of high-performing materials. Expect it to be more expensive than the Saatva’s $912.
Being a memory foam mattress, the TEMPUR-Cloud should have a softer firmness level. It also allows for excellent body contouring, which is great news for side sleepers. Although it sounds positive, this mattress is likely to be susceptible to sinkage. This can cause movement restrictions, especially for heavy-weighted people.
Who Should Get the Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattress?
- Those who prefer sleeping on memory foam
- Side and back sleepers can enjoy contouring and soft pressure relief.
- Individuals and couples searching for a mattress that isn’t easily disturbed by sudden movements.
- Sleepers who are light- to medium-weight
Saatva vs. DreamCloud
Just like Saatva, DreamCloud is a direct-to-consumer firm that offers luxury-level mattresses that seem to be a perfect fit for hotels and million-dollar mansions. Its innersprings are made from materials that surpass industry standards. The DreamCloud Classic, which is similar to the Saatva Classic, is one of the most popular products. While we can appreciate that we’ve found our closest competitor yet, there are quite plenty of differences that make the DreamCloud Classic stand out from the Saatva mattress!
The innerspring coils in the DreamCloud as well as Saatva provide reliable, strong support. Each has pocketed coils on top of the foundation layer, providing the body with not just the support it needs, but also cooling capabilities to keep itself from getting too hot. Both mattresses are firm enough to prevent any sagging from the center to the edges, yet comfortable for anyone to sleep in. They are extremely durable and will last for many years.
DreamCloud’s key difference is that it’s a hybrid since the top memory foam layers are prominent. There is only one firmness option. If we rank it from 1-10, it would be a solid 7 It may be supportive enough for average- to heavyweight sleepers, but a bit stiff for lighter-weights.
One thing worth mentioning is that there is a Premier upgrade, which has a much-improved comfort level thanks to the additional memory foam content. It is also significantly cheaper than Saatva’s retail price.
Who Should Get the DreamCloud Classic Mattress?
- Those looking for a great mattress with a tight budget
- Side sleepers and stomach sleepers, preferably with an average weight
- People who like to sleep on a firmer surface
- The Premier upgrade is worth it for back sleepers
Saatva vs. Purple
Although there are many bed companies that offer mattresses with the same features, most of them are not unique. Purple is a mattress company that develops innovative technology to improve people’s sleeping quality. They’re best recognized for the state-of-the-art purple grid on their mattresses. Let’s now take a closer look at the Purple Mattress. It’s the most well-known product of the company.
The Purple Mattress as well as the Saatva Classic are remarkable in cooling, despite the differences in their construction. Purple’s signature GelFlex Grid is specially designed to allow breathability within the mattress, keeping the person cooled in the same way as Saatva’s innerspring coil system.
They’re bouncy enough for sleepers to move freely without hesitation while achieving it in different ways. The best thing about them all is the way that high-quality materials create a mattress that’s both comfortable and supportive.
There are differences
Although the Purple and Saatva work in different ways, you might notice a difference in how they feel. Thanks to the grid technology, Purple is more gel-like and flowy than Saatva’s plush yet firm feeling. The former also isolates motion better. Purple Mattresses are delivered in a box, which can cause unpleasant off-gassing.
Who should get the Purple Mattress?
- Sleepers under 230 lbs. – they should apply enough pressure to activate the GelFlex grid’s contouring abilities
- For combination sleepers who want a more flexible mattress, such as the Saatva’s,
- Hot sleepers who prefer all-foam mattresses
- Individuals sleeping with a restless partner at night
Saatva vs.: A Summary
It’s important to identify your backup top choice if the Saatva is not the right match for you. We’ve summarized the key features each of the four mattresses we’ve discussed earlier stands out in and determine which is best suited for your needs – all in bullet form!
Sleep Number (360 p5 Mattress)
- The key features:
- Air bed adjustable with thick foam combination on top for great back pressure relief
- Because of how it is constructed, there’s better motion absorption
- Buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You have back issues, but prefer sleeping on a customizable mattress that you can operate in the palm of your hand
- Do NOT buy the Sleep Number 360 p5 if:
- You’re on a tight budget, or
- You don’t want a high-tech mattress at home.
- The key features:
- All-foam mattress of high quality that offers pressure relief throughout your body
- For those who sleep sideways, exceptional body contouring
- Purchase the TEMPUR Cloud if:
- Memory foam is your favorite, but you also love the pressure relief it provides while hugging your body.
- Do NOT buy the TEMPUR-Cloud if:
- You get sometimes uncomfortable sleeping in hot temperatures, or
- During sleep, you may shift your position often
DreamCloud (DreamCloud Classic)
- The key features:
- It has the essential features as the Saatva Classic but is different in that it’s a memory foam/innerspring hybrid
- Outstanding cooling capabilities and long-lasting durability
- Buy the DreamCloud Classic if:
- If you are looking for an innerspring option that is affordable and has the same features of the Saatva mattress, then this might be the right choice.
- You change positions every time you sleep, or
- You’re a heavy-weighted sleeper
Purple (Purple Mattress)
- These are the key features
- Trademark GelFlex Grid foam layer designed to keep the body cool and efficiently supported
- Gliding and flowy feel that’s enough to accommodate changing movements
- Buy the Purple Mattress if:
- You should explore the possibility of a unique and innovative mattress that offers more comfort and support for your body.
- You’re a heavyweight who sleeps on the stomach or sides, or
- You prefer the more traditional memory foam feel
We’ve covered everything we know about the Saatva Mattress competitors. Now we need to answer the pressing question: Is it still the best choice for you?
The final answer is entirely subjective, but the Saatva Classic may be the best-suited choice if you:
- You may experience back, hip or joint pains. A mattress that is able to relieve the pressure and align your body will be a good choice.
- Hot temperatures are common for sleep, and can eventually cause discomfort if not treated.
You may also choose it if you prefer to have a mattress with:
- Customization possibilities
- the bouncy feel of an innerspring, or
- enough sturdiness to support you even when you change positions everywhere.
If none of these apply to you, we recommend that you look at our other options!